You Can Register to Vote at the Polls on Election Day if you are not yet registered to vote!

“If you are domiciled in a New Hampshire town or city ward, are 18 years of age or older…and are a United States citizen, you may register to vote on Election Day at the polling location for your town or city ward. There is no minimum period of time you are required to have lived in the state before being allowed to register.  You may register as soon as you move into your new community.  Simply visit your designated Polling Location on Election Day. Complete a Voter Registration Form. Show proof of identity, age, citizenship and having established a domicile in that town or city ward.”  (Secretary of State Website, 11/01/20)

If you do not have documents that provide evidence of identity, age, domicile, or citizenship, you can still register to vote; however, you will be asked to sign affidavit(s) on which you “swear and affirm” that the information you are providing is “true and correct” to the “best of (your) knowledge and belief.”

Not sure if you are registered to vote in the town or ward you are currently living in? Go to the Secretary of State’s “Voter Information Look-up Page” to see if you are on the checklist for your voting district.  (You must be registered in the town or ward in which you currently reside.  Thus, if you have moved and your old address is in the voter registration database, you will have to register as a new voter in your new town or ward.) 

If you would like to see a list of the documents that may be presented to prove identify, age, domicile, and/or citizenship, please refer to Documents that can be used for voter registration. But remember — if you do not have documents that satisfy these requirements, you can still register to vote by completing the appropriate affidavits at the polling place on election day!

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on print
Share on email